Tuesday 29 January 2013

Homemade Smoothie Cubes


I love smoothies in the morning, but often, it's too time consuming and messy to do before work. I once paid a small fortune on 'smoothie cubes' at the supermarket, the concept was simple so I thought I would give it a go myself... plus I had some bananas that needed using up!

The process is simple and you probably already have all the equipment and ingredients, 









You will need:
  • 1 or 2 ice cube trays
  • A stick blender or other food mashing equivalent
  • A jug/bowl/large cup for blending in
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries
  • 2 medium bananas


Step one: Blend up your 2 bananas with 1 cup frozen raspberries.




Step two: Spoon mixture into ice cube trays.




Step three: Freeze. It's that easy!




To make the smoothie, add approximately 1 cube for every 100 ml (3.3 oz) of milk or apple juice and blend using a stick blender.


P.S. Try experimenting with different flavours using banana as your base, try banana and muesli, any frozen (or fresh) berries, or you could even add drinking chocolate powder or ice cream for an indulgent smoothie!


No comments:

Post a Comment