Thursday 23 May 2013

Microwave Potato Wedges

Ok confession. I'm an over commiter. Yesterday's over commitment was to dinner. I came home from work around 5.30 and my husband had to be out by 6.30, and his family were on Skype from Ireland so it was probably 5.45 before I even got in the kitchen... And I thought it would be a good idea to make potato wedges from scratch.  Good plan Becki! After I chopped and seasoned them I realised I should have parboiled them but it was too late. I thought for a moment then make a crazy decision to microwave them! So here is my recipe for microwave  potato wedges in 15 minutes (7 if you skip the crisping stage)

Feeds 4 as a side dish:

2 large potatoes cut into small wedge shapes
1.5 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin seeds
1 tsp ground coriander seeds
1/2 tsp ground paprika
1/4 tsp ground chilli
Salt and pepper

Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C
In a non-metallic dish, mix together your oil and spices.
Add your potato wedges and shake to cover well - use a basting brush to cover any bare bits!
Place your dish in the microwave and heat on high for 7 minutes or until your potato is soft enough to eat (microwave times may vary, check every 30 seconds after 5 minutes).
Take your dish out of the microwave, drizzle with a little olive oil and place in the hot oven on the top shelf.
Cook for 7-10 minutes until crispy.

Serve with sweet chili sauce and sour cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment