Tuesday 21 May 2013

Quinoa Porridge: Not as gross as you think!

I can't eat oats.  I don't like to say I'm allergic, but it is quite painful when I accidentally do eat them! Anyway, that over-share to say, I miss porridge! I survived many a cold winter morn by the magic of porridge but now it's no longer an option for me. With the mornings getting colder (and the toast options getting boring-er) I decided to try quinoa porridge.

I happened to have quinoa flakes in the cupboard from when my lovely husband accidentally bought some (that was a weird salad let me tell you!) so after a bit of research , I decided I needed something to mask the grossness of the flakes and make it yummy. So here is my recipe for Not Gross Quinoa Porridge

Serves one hungry person:

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup quinoa flakes
1/3 raisins/sultanas
1/2 tsp cinnamon
brown sugar to serve

In a small saucepan add all the ingredients (minus brown sugar) and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
Reduce to simmer, still stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and porridge-y.
Serve hot with a sprinkle of brown sugar.

That's it - my easy Not Gross Quinoa Porridge! Enjoy :)





No comments:

Post a Comment